– The body is sweaty. Do not use the unit when wet after swimming, bathing, or through sweating after physical exercise, as skin temperature may have fallen. Wipe away moisture & allow 30 minutes for the body to acclimatize to room temperature before measuring.
– The probe lens is dirty. Use a swab or soft cotton moistened with 70% alcohol to clean the probe lens.
– Measurement was taken in surface temperature mode. Use forehead measurement mode.
– Measurement was taken shortly after the subject was outdoors in cold weather. Wait until the forehead has warmed up.
– Measurement was taken at a location other than the forehead.
Be sure to measure exactly at the forehead, not surrounding areas such as the hairline.